skip to Main Content
Site Navigation
Businessman at his desk at the office in front of his computer
Successfull business woman in office
quote marks

"Peter began adding value to my company within minutes of our first meeting and has since been a trusted advisor providing timely and cost effective counsel generating significant savings and greatly improving my cash flow."

Stephen H, Director
Stretch Sonata Ltd

"Peter was suggested to me by a friend after I said I was unhappy how I was treated by my Accountants. Peter setup everything for the handover and made it very easy. He explained everything clearly and everything was done on time…

Phil H, Director
ClearOak Limited

There are many reasons why HMRC will require you to submit a personal self-assessment tax return, so we don’t give a one size fits all service with a single fixed price.

We offer you a fully tailored service, which gives you what you need, and ensures you only pay for what you need. We can remove the stress and worry of submitting a self-assessment tax return, and help you to make sure you do not miss any key HMRC deadlines. 700,000 people missed the 31st January 2018 deadline, each of them receiving a £100 fine from HMRC!

Our pricing is based upon the number of self-assessment tax return pages that need to be completed, combined with the complexity of the pages. If you want us to help you prepare the numbers that go into your return, then we can do that for you too.

HMRC gives the following reasons for why you are being required to submit a self-assessment tax return:

you were self-employed;
you got £2,500 or more in untaxed income, for example from tips or renting out a property;
your income from savings or investments was £10,000 or more before tax;
your income from dividends from shares was £10,000 or more before tax;
you made profits from selling things like shares, a second home or other chargeable assets and need to pay Capital Gains Tax;
you were a company director;
your income (or your partner’s) was over £50,000 and one of you claimed Child Benefit;
you had income from abroad that you needed to pay tax on;
you lived abroad and had a UK income;
your taxable income was over £100,000;
you were a trustee of a trust or registered pension scheme;
you had a P800 from HMRC saying you didn’t pay enough tax last year – and you didn’t pay what you owe through your tax code or with a voluntary payment;
your State Pension was more than your Personal Allowance and was your only source of income.

So if you have received a notice from HMRC to complete a self-assessment tax return and you need some help to do it, then please get in touch to find out how we can help you. Don’t leave it to late though and risk a fine from HMRC!

Get in Touch

Contact us for a free initial meeting to discuss your specific accounting and tax requirements.

Back To Top